Monday, August 18, 2008

Welcome to the 3rd Trimester.

As my induction into the 3rd trimester, I got vomiting. Oh, how I missed waking up from wonderful, sweet slumber to cower over the toilet. My theory on this one is not the hormones, oh no, this is directly from the baby. All women "carry" differently, and instead of having the basketball-under-the-shirt look, my child is growing vertically. Therefore, it is shoving my stomach further, and further up so that soon there may be no difference between it (my stomach) and my actual esophagus. If I lay flat, or tilted, or just lean back really, I get a bit of regurge. So, I think I will just stop there and let your imagination run wild as to why that might cause vomiting in the late night hours.

Other than that, all is well. Matt felt the little one kick for the first time last week. I feel it moving constantly and even catch my stomach twitching out of the corner of my eye at times. In fact, at our most recent appointment, the doctor was listening to the heart and turns to me and says, "I guess I'll leave it alone, it just keeps kicking me."

I know it is WAY too early to say it, but I am going to anyway, I am ready for this kid to be out on its own. Some women love pregnancy, guess I am NOT one of those women. I would like to sleep comfortably, and I would like my upper back to stop spasming, and I would like to eat or drink something after 6pm, and I would like to go for an all out run to the point of absolute exhaustion, and I would like to not have the constant urge to sob or laugh. I know things don't get easier with it on the outside, but at least I will have comfortable sleep in the few actual hours I get...
(Whoa! Didn't realize I looked that huge!)
But if this is all I have to put up with to have a healthy, beautiful baby, then it is all worth it.

No comments: