Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Alone. With 4!

My husband has left for Portland. He will return in 5 days. This means, I must go to work full time and manage the household. I went to the store yesterday, knowing I may not get the chance to return...so I stocked up on Ben and Jerry's as well as a box of red wine. After all, as the saying goes, "If momma ain't happy; ain't nobody happy." I also completed the menu for the week with kid friendly, easy to prepare meals.  Coincidentally, they are some of MY favorite meals.  So, I eat like a 2-5 year old boy, what gives? Oh, the menu, you ask? Fried Rice and watermelon. Sloppy Joe's and Tater Tots. Pork chops, broccoli and noodles (or cheesy potato casserole if I'm really feeling fancy). Macaroni soup. 

We went with the Sloppy Joe's tonight.  Curtis had one and half! He did nothing but thank me for dinner. The other 2 had 'happy plates' as well. Ok, ok, if you must know, I had 2, and a 'happy plate' also. We then ventured out on a walk around the block. On this walk, Curtis and George proceeded roll down every "hill" we passed. I put the word 'hill' in quotation marks because, well, there were no hills.  Maybe very slight, somewhat imagined inclines. They looked like fools. But it was cute. Entertaining. Energy-releasing. Amusing as Curtis spit out a mouth full of freshly mowed grass. Brock asked what the man passing us was carrying, pointing to the small Minsk'y leftover box. The man kindly replies, "a Minsky's pizza box". To which, Brock exclaimed, "That little!!!?? Oh my gosh! It's so cute." The man just laughed. Brock is currently so obsessed with tiny, cute things, that he really wants a chihuahua.

Now, after getting them all to bed, the house picked up a bit, the dishes done, I am left with a decision...wine or ice cream?  Wine. To blog, or watch...ANYTHING I WANT!!! Grey's? Downton? Some chick flick? Read? The possibilities are endless! Matt seems laid back, but when it comes to television, well, he likes 24. Need I say more? B-O-R-I-N-G.

Tomorrow. They all need baths. I think we'll go with watermelon (before bath) and chicken fried rice. I'll have ice cream. They can have Popsicles.

Wish me luck.

No comments: