Sunday, April 19, 2009

I let you out of my sight for 2 hours!?

My next door neighbor from childhood, Jan, invited my mother and I to a charity event last Saturday evening.  This consisted of a silent auction and entertainment by a local, women's jazz group.  One of the group members was 92 years old!  She could sing like Louis Armstrong.  Amazing woman.  

Anywhoo, at the very last minute, I decided to bid, $185 on the "Weekend Getaway" package.  I won.  Needless to say, despite the 1 night stay at the Sheraton on the Plaza, breakfast for 2, $75 to the Princess Gardens restaurant, 2 tickets to the Unicorn & 2 tickets to Quality Hill Playhouse ($432 value in all); Matt was not too happy with my "impulse buy".  He might change his tune, when we use the stuff, after I'm done with boards, and Brock stays with my mom for the night...  

No comments: