Sunday, October 4, 2009

Catch 22

I have no time to blog, therefore, all the events and thoughts and things I feel need to be recorded have been piling up, therefore, making it even harder to find a time slot big enough to complete a post. And my ability to create well-written, interesting, funny and/or gripping articles waxes and wanes (despite popular belief, the magic doesn't just happen, I must wait for my creative streak to surface.) But muse or no, I have finally decided I must spew it all out, so that perhaps I can get back on track.

First, the congrats are in order:
Molly & Matt Groebe
September 26th, 2009

Jamie & Chad Jacobsen
September 19th, 2009
I appreciated these two weddings for many reasons. With Jamie and Chad I got to experience a true "country" wedding. The food felt and tasted like a home-cooked meal, and the guests all just settled right in and appeared comfortable with one another, as if they'd all known each other all their lives. With Molly and Matt, the tone of the wedding culminated in a completely smitten groom serenading to an overjoyed bride before the first dance. The atmosphere was one truly filled with love (and not to mention, my goal was met: I got to dance to Lady Gaga, Poker Face - by god, I was not going to make it through wedding season without that one! And I have 2 weddings left go...) And lastly, I loved them both for their excellence in color coordination.

Other notable events of September include:
The Plaza Art Fair

Bonne Sante
Northland Health care Access Fundraiser
The Hospitalist's group I rotated with in September bought tickets for Matt and I to their annual fundraiser. This included a wine tasting, wonderful food, silent and live auctions, as well as a great opportunity for some social networking - never can know too many people, that's what I always say...

No comments: