Monday, March 14, 2011

The Scramble.

Twice now, I have gotten on this very computer and opened a document that has significantly changed my immediate future. Disappointing news is NEVER easy to digest. It makes you begin to think about all the little decisions you've made for the last 5 years. But for me, most of all, I feel as though I have let everyone down that is close to me.

I am surrounded by more love and support than I even know was possible. This entire process of medical school is very grueling, but I have never been too affected by it because there is always someone close by to watch my boys when I need it, make me dinner, help clean the house...In fact, my little sister was over when I received the news that I did not Match, and she immediately offered to take the boys so Matt and I could begin researching and planning for the Scramble.

So, I apologize for continuing to draw out this process - what should have been an 8 year endeavor, is quickly becoming 10 - but I promise, I will become a licensed physician someday. I just like to make things as difficult as possible, otherwise, what is there to be proud of?

No comments: