Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cur-George

George is happier for longer and longer stretches during the day. He seems to be genuinely curious. He is still very sweet and soft spoken...until he is mad. Then, phew, lookout.  That kid can scream. I mean literally scream. He has always had an extremely shrill cry. It gets your attention, I'll tell you that.  Lately, I haven't been around much, and I think it is affecting him. I don't think he is as comforted by me.  He used to be such a momma's boy.  But I guess he was going to have to learn to fend for himself sooner or later.

As I have noticed with the previous 2, George became an expressive fun little guy right at 3 months.  It's what they do.  He smiles. He reaches. He reacts. He plays. He is transitioning from that newborn phase. It is sad and exciting all at the same time. I look forward to him eating baby food, and crawling, and playing with toys.  But I will miss the little goo's and coo's, and sweet baby noises that only a very new newbie can create. George reminds of Brock with his bug-eyed moments, his intense desire to stand, his fickle eating habits and his frustrating need to fight sleep.  He reminds of Curtis, because of his happy, smiley demeanor, and the chub. He is ticklish. Everywhere.  And laughs just when you make eye contact in a certain way.

Most of all, George is a little mystery, showing me a new piece of himself every day.  More than the other 2, I am extremely curious as to what he will look like as a toddler, a kid, an adult. Maybe it's because he looks like a goofy, little, old man right now, and I know that won't last forever.  Or, maybe it's because I have 2 older boys who shock and amaze me everyday with their wonderful and unique little personalities, mannerisms and quirks.  Whatever it is, I know I miss George all day, and cannot wait to get home to him, and meet the ever so slightly changed baby he has become.
One day, I am going to come home, and he will be grown. 




No comments: