Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This Time it's a Blazer

I must give mention to the Mexican Fiesta on Thursday night. Damn, it was hot! And I don't mean the spice in the food, nor my sexy self. It was at the Lake Quivira Sailing Dock, and all would have been fine if it weren't for a few things, one I am pregnant, two the breeze did not exist that evening and three I could not drink the wonderfully refreshing frozen margaritas. But I mean it, there was nothing, not even one brief moment of the slightest air movement. Quite amazing actually...isn't it always supposed to be windy by a lake?
The good thing that came from Thursday night was a great preview for the actual wedding. It was a small KC Blazer (my club swim team) reunion. So many of my old teammates were there, quite fun. I loved the ceremony, because Jade acted completely like herself up on the alter, cute and goofy, yet elegant. This was my first time to attend a reception at the Nelson-Atkins Museum, and I hope not the last. Beautiful.
Jade & John Planchon
July 26th, 2008