Sunday, September 14, 2008

The big 3-0!

I posted on time! I am exactly 30 weeks today, aka 7 months (if my due date is November 23rd). Not many changes to report on in the last 5 weeks. The baby has hit me in the ribs a couple times, which just tickles at this point. I am sure that will change when it weighs more like 6lbs, not 2 & 1/2. During some wild kicking/thrashing fits, I do just stop and look down at my belly and smile...that is my baby in there creating all that pandemonium. Then I look in the mirror at my belly, and I don't smile. My weight gain, to date is 17.5 lbs - not bad? I still have some rough nights with the indigestion, but thank you Pepcid AC!!! That stuff works like magic. And we have finally made minimal progress on the nursery, as evidenced by the background of my photograph. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

My cousing, Katie, had a wedding shower at Brio this weekend. She informed me that she there will be 9 pregnant women at her wedding! That is just crazy, it's not even a huge wedding. I guess we are just that age. I am quite sure there is a baby boom forming though. Or, it could be one of those instances where you never notice it until it happens to you. For example, when my mom first got our 1995 Ford Explorer, yea, I had noticed them, but all of a sudden, EVERYONE seemed to have one. Maybe people just copy off me and my family a lot.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh you look cute! And Big! 17 lbs is great... take it from me, who gained 37 big ones with Aiden those extra ones are a PAIN to take off! Expecially when baby is nursing, b/c its impossible to not eat, eat, eat.

You do look so cute, I know you probably don't feel it, but oh so cute!

Helen E said...

Uh, is it just me, or does shelving unit look effing crooked? That room looked better after Tali had a bout of her "stomach issues."

m@ said...

your face is crooked

Ermasmit said...

Ummm...who the hell is M@!?? Can't be my husband, because that signature is way too corny, and trying to be clever.