Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just behind "Ah-Goo"

For a while now, Brock has been making various distinct sounds. When he grabs my cell phone, he shoves it on the back of his head, entirely too far past his ear, and says, "ta-kow ta-kow?" He mumbles 'ma ma' and 'da da' quite a bit, but I feel that he has only truly used them to get our attention a few times. If you say "Brock, Brock, Brock" or "ho ho ho" he will attempt to parrot it. At least once a day he will go into a fit of screaming out a random string of syllables making absolutely no sense, but you can see he is trying to prove a point. (This primarily occurs around bedtime; I believe it's his last ditch effort to try to keep himself awake and use it as the cue to put him down for bed...but what do I know? I am only his mother.) And the list could go on, and on. But as for right now, there is only one word he religiously uses in an appropriate fashion, and it is the most adorable thing I have witnessed, to date, behind when he used to say 'ah-goo'. This word that melts not only my heart, but anyone towards whom it is directed is: "hi".

Just last night, we went out for Mexican and got seated near the kitchen. Every time any one of the wait staff walked past Brock's chair, even if he just caught a glimpse from the corner of his eye, he would smile and say "hi". Ahh! Kills me every single time.

No comments: