Sunday, May 9, 2010

Leukemia Lymphoma Marathon!

Leah is training for a marathon in June. She is running to support the cause, to get in shape, to accomplish a goal, and in honor of our father, a Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma survivor. I believe this event takes place in early June, but no matter how many times I ask (and it's been quite a few), the date will not stick in my head. Blame it on the baby brain.

Anywho, she with the immense help of my mother and fellow siblings, hosted a fundraising barbecue last weekend, which seemed to be quite a success. It is truly amazing to witness the kindness and generosity that the community displays for someone trying to accomplish such a positive, inspiring goal. Though, being part of the "Irish Catholic Kansas City Mafia" (which is not a real thing) tends to help matters slightly. I am quite proud of my little sissy, and can't wait hear the results from San Diego.

For more information, including her running journal, please check out her Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training link.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

That is really awesome, go leah!

I love the "Irish Catholic Mafia" reference, I can totally relate. I think my grandpa, when he was still around, was a "made man" in Cincinnati's (german) equivalent :)