Saturday, June 25, 2011

Blueberry Pickin'

A friend recently said to me, "I've sensed that life just can't be busy enough for you." And this statement instantly struck me as entirely true. For as long as I can remember, I have always been slightly frustrated that it is physically impossible to be more than one place at one time, or to play four sports WELL in one season, or that we are limited on a day by day, minute by minute basis by the element of time. To me, life is short, therefore we have to pack in as much of it as possible during our flash of an existence.

This is not to say that I don't stop to smell the roses every so often, or to pick the blueberries in this case. Not only do I love life, I appreciate it, I wish I could savor it more frequently, for longer (which manifests into blogging).
My absolute passion for life. Passion for my family. Passion for new experiences. Gives me an endless supply of energy and motivation. Days like this past Wednesday, just 2 days before I started my Family Medicine residency orientation, are the kind of days that blow me away and make me thankful for every opportunity I have been given, created or utilized in this teeny bleb of a lifetime. And I got to share this moment with my husband, two sisters, two sons, and nephew (which probably made it become the wonderful, memorable day that it was).

And, most importantly, I never knew blueberries were so scrumptious! The slight warmth of the sun adds just that special something to that tiny round blue berry of goodness.

1 comment:

Proud Mama said...

Aw, I was mentioned in your blog :) Sort of....
Hope life is great!