Saturday, July 9, 2011

What happens in Vegas...

...most definitely does NOT stay in Vegas. And no, it's not herpes.

Matt and I were quite "lucky" in Vegas. We came home with more cash then we left with (if you don't count hotel, flight, and entertainment costs.) And more children as well! I generally try not to make comments like this, because for A LOT of people conception is not a simple process, but, when they say it only takes once. Well.

And perhaps all this is TMI, but with two kids and a bun, there is really no denying what went on. I am not kidding, when we finally got settled in on our flight home, I suddenly felt a little twinge of pain in my right lower abdomen. I then thought to myself, "Nah, that isn't what I am thinking it is [ovulation]." And as I sat and continued to feel that sharp, highly localized, very familiar crampy pain, I thought, "And even if it is what I think it is, it doesn't matter, it's been 24 hours, or more. Or less. I think?" And once the sensation eventually subsided, I forgot about it. Until that really weird dream 2 weeks later.

And now, Number Three really won't let me forget about it. All those lovely, familiar symptoms are raging these days as I sit here at 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant. And, since this is a third time around, instead of listing my ailments, I will refer you to the "Short List". Which I believe about covers it. I would just like to add that, so far, there is a slight difference in symptomology. My constant nausea is ever-so-slightly allieviated by snacking! This may sound like a small difference, and there is plenty of time for it to change, but to me, it's HUGE. With the previous 2 boys, nothing, I mean nothing touched that incessant nausea (except Zofran). Now, a piece of celery, and I am good for the next 20 minutes or so. Also, if I am not mistaken, I believe this blatantly indicates that I am having a girl. The only negative to this change...I have only lost 1.5lbs. Usually I am down a few more then that by this point.

And, while we are on the girl topic. It's pretty funny how convinced everyone is that it has to be a girl. Myself included. Not only does it seem right statistically. But come on? Conceived in Vegas? If there was ever a "lady luck", this kiddo is it. I frequently almost refer to Number Three as a she. But, of course, as usual (in case it end up being a boy and he reads this someday) I would be perfectly happy with a third son. The gender question will be answered sometime, on or around February 23rd, 2012.

(Kind of funny that my last announcement pertaining to the presence of another offspring was Vegas themed as well, using a modified quote from "The Hangover".)

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Wow! I randomly decided to check your blog because you always have fun posts-- and this is certainly fun! Number 3?!! Congrats!!