Friday, February 20, 2009

MM #2

Ever since the blessed arrival of our boy, the trash can gets filled with in 3 days solely by styrofoam carry out boxes and paper coffee cups (that's all me, baby.) So, in an attempt to end this ridiculous cycle of ordering in, I decided to plan two dinners and make a trip to the grocery store. I repeat, two dinners. I was responsible for acquiring the items needed for two, measely, uncomplicated dinners. These were 1: chicken, pasta and green beans; and 2: greek pizza.

I wandered the store, making faces and talking to Brock the entire time, nearly crashing into a support beam - twice, and collecting the necessary items. Finally, after nearly an hour, I check out and headed home. Upon arrival Matt put all the groceries away and I fed the baby. Of course, we got Wendy's that night for dinner, but we discussed having the pizza tomorrow night. Only then did it dawn on me - Feta cheese, check; purple onion, check; spinach, check; olives, check; vital ingredients to make pizza such as mozzarella cheese, sauce and crust - uh oh. I mean seriously. You can actually make a pizza if you just have cheese, crust and sauce, but I am sorry my friend, you cannot make a pizza with only toppings!

1 comment:

Susan said...

no, but you could make a delicious greek salad, or greek pasta, or greek sandwiches, or veggie shishkabobs, or eat that food off each other's bods and make Brock and big bro.

Just some thoughts.

XOOXO
suz