Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Paper or Plastic?

I REALLY cannot stand it when you go to the grocery store, and the bagger puts your 4 (maybe I'd give ya 5) plastic bags worth of groceries into 9 sacks. Nine!? Seriously, does the bread really require its own bag? Does the $2.99 fleece throw need its own? Does the 4lb sack of sugar? Nope. In fact, I am certain those 3 items could have all been placed into one and it would be niether too full nor too heavy. And I'm going to be honest, I don't mind if my well packaged, vacuum shut meats touch my sealed bags of Dole lettuce. Really, I don't. I am quite confident there will be no cross contamination in that situation.

Yes, the solution here is for me to supply my own wonderful little "green" cloth bags, but lets get serious. I can hardly remember the 6 items I went to the store for, let alone a bag to transport them back home.

No comments: