Saturday, January 28, 2012

The 'Nesting" List

For a 3rd baby, there really isn't much you need - material wise. I have all the baby supplies, clothes, car seats, strollers, toys, etc that a mother could possibly need. (Though, 2 little boys dirty up washcloths pretty darn quick...I ain't touchin' my precious new baby's butt with those tainted things! And diapers are always useful, will I ever stop buying diapers!?) What I really need, is a big burst of energy, and some major cleaning and organization.

  1. Laundry - I have a big collection of boys clothes that are too small which need to be put away in storage. And newborn clothes to wash and get out of storage. And a place to put the newborn's clothing.
  2. The nursery needs a deep, deep clean.
  3. Toys need to be organized.
  4. My bedroom needs to be reorganized so clear a spot for the baby's bed (hopefully Baby O #3 takes after it's big bro's and does not need to stay in o ur room long, because it will wake up one time or less by 4 weeks.)
  5. And if the above circumstance does happen, then Brock's room needs to be reorganized (perhaps a borrowed crib from a friend set up) for Curtis join.
  6. And because of all this "reorganization" which is really another way to say, go through all my s*@t and get rid of some of it, so there is space for another human, we need to cut a shelf for the downstairs closet. Maybe add some hooks to it as well. And buy a couple storage baskets.
  7. Then, all this stuff that I am shuffling around and adding to storage means that the storage area of the house requires some rearranging and attention.
  8. And we pulled up all the carpet...so we need area rugs.
  9. Did I mention laundry?
  10. And a name for the kiddo might be nice.

I think that about covers it. Phew. Now that it's written down, at least there is evidence that I thought about actually preparing for this child. Just don't judge if none of it gets accomplished.

Oh, and *hint hint, nudge nudge* dinners as a new baby gift are always welcome! I cannot tell you how much that helped us when Curtis was born!!

***************************************************************************************

The Nesting List- Modified!!


  1. You can mark numbers 1, 5, 6, 7 & 8 off the list.
  2. And add: we need baby wash clothes. baby diapers. a Navy blue crib sheet. a dangle toy for the new baby's carrier. Nuk pacifiers (for newborn and for Curtis)
  3. I would like a new pair of house slippers for my month as stay at home mom with 3 kids - doubt I am leaving the house.
  4. And more laundry.
And I am sure there is more, but that is about as productive as my brain gets these days...

No comments: